Disinvestment department gets new websiteDecember 1st, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 1 (IANS) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday launched the new website of the disinvestment department that contains details of 49 listed public sector undertakings and the government guidelines on divestment, among others.
“The department has taken the initiative as part of good governance through information technology, to provide all information that market participants need on disinvestment, in a transparent manner,” Mukherjee said after launching the website www.divest.nic.in.
He said the new website was user-friendly and made available information in a more organised and systematic fashion.
“New features of the website include fact sheets on forthcoming, current and post public offers which would be useful to all users,” Mukherjee said in a statement.
The website contains details of 49 PSUs that account for nearly one-quarter of the Bombay Stock Exchange’s market capitalisation. It also contains Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) guidelines.
- Government allows state-owned firms to buy back shares - Mar 01, 2012
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Tricolour look for new PIB website - Aug 20, 2010
- Pranab hopes to meet Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target - Nov 18, 2011
- Employment News to be available as e-paper, SMS alerts - Jul 17, 2012
- BHEL FPO on hold, profit rises 14.3 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 03, 2012
- PSU stake sale only when markets right: Mukherjee - Aug 19, 2011
- 70,000 foreign office files declassified - Jun 05, 2012
- Government to put Scooters India on the block (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Click to keep tabs on fair price shops - Jul 19, 2011
- Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target will be met: Official - Sep 13, 2011
- CVC launches website to fight corruption - Dec 09, 2010
- Government websites must follow security guidelines: Pilot - Dec 14, 2010
- Government launches web-portal to curb LPG black-marketing - Jun 22, 2012
- Microwave oven-Maid launched - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, disinvestment, divestment, exchange board, fact sheets, finance minister, good governance, government guidelines, market capitalisation, market participants, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, psus, public sector undertakings, s market, sebi guidelines, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, systematic fashion, transparent manner