Discuss land acquisition problems with us: Bengal ministerJuly 2nd, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 2 (IANS) Notwithstanding the West Bengal government’s announcement that it will not involve itself in land acquisition for setting up private projects, Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee Saturday urged investors to sit down with it for talks for solving problems, including land acquisition.
“We had a good interaction with the business fraternity June 18. The chief minister announced there that the government will not involve itself in land acquisition for setting up new industries,” Chatterjee said at FICCI’s national executive committee meeting here.
“As far as the ministry is concerned, we do not have any problem relating to land. And we welcome those who are having problem. They should come forward… we can certainly sit across the table and do our best,” he said.
A two-member expert committee has recommended that the government will have no role to play in land acquisition for private industry and investors will have to acquire land directly from owners.
The minister, however, said frequent interaction between the government and industrialists at both formal and informal levels was absolutely essential for speedy disposal of cases.
“We believe that agriculture and industry would complement each other in the overall development process of the state,” he said.
Chatterjee said better infrastructure and logistic support was most important for the state’s development.
“West Bengal has the potential to emerge as one of the top investment zones,” he added.
- Mamata sets up core group on industrialisation - Jun 18, 2011
- West Bengal government to provide land for industries - Jun 12, 2012
- Some Bengal laws hinder land acquisition by industry: FICCI - Jul 01, 2011
- Assocham for state's role in land acquisition for industry - Oct 09, 2011
- Reforms coming too slowly in Bengal: Investors (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 14, 2012
- West Bengal woos start-ups with simpler procedures - Sep 23, 2011
- Mamata holds court as she woos industrialists - Jun 19, 2011
- Use or return land: Bengal minister to industrialists - Nov 19, 2011
- Trinamool not for FDI in retail market - Feb 26, 2011
- Bengal minister to visit New Delhi over coal blocks allocation - Mar 06, 2012
- West Bengal now becomes Paschim Banga (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Bengal industry disagrees with land panel's recommendation - Jun 18, 2011
- Mamata hosts dinner for industrialists - Oct 18, 2011
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: acquisition problems, business fraternity, chief minister, committee meeting, expert committee, frequent interaction, industrialists, industry minister, infrastructure, investment zones, kolkata, land acquisition, logistic support, national executive committee, partha chatterjee, private industry, private projects, solving problems, speedy disposal, west bengal government