Directions09 to discuss IT industry themesApril 16th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) Leaders of the communications and IT industry are set to brainstorm on ways to take India to the next level of technological development at Directions09, a business conclave, to be held in Delhi and Bangalore. The event, organised by IDC, is held annually to identify and address issues pertaining to the industry in the backdrop of larger economical issues.
“Directions09 will examine all the ways the world of IT and communications is changing, from globalisation to virtualisation, from software as a service to services as software, from changing network technology to the technology of social networks, and how those changes will affect customers, suppliers, and IT marketers,” said Sanjit Sinha, head of research, IDC India.
The event will have some significant sessions on slowdown in the US economy, India’s growth story, effect of government changes and policies and effects of inflation among others.
It would be held on April 30 in Delhi and May 2 in Bangalore.
IDC is a global research and market intelligence firm for IT, telecom and consumer technology.
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- India's premier ICT event unveiled in tech hub - Oct 18, 2011
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
- Need to spur product innovation in India: Expert - Mar 27, 2012
- Nasscom confers lifetime award on Tally's Goenka - Nov 09, 2011
- Economic slowdown to end by October-December: Survey - Apr 06, 2009
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- BSNL launces six internet data centres for cloud services - Apr 16, 2012
- Benefit from Indian IT expertise, Sachin Pilot tells Africa - Mar 28, 2011
- IT virtualisation infrastructure market in India looks promising - Nov 30, 2009
- Chengdu woos Indian firms to invest in China's IT hub - Feb 28, 2010
- SRK's three essentials to make Hindi films global - Mar 18, 2011
- Globalisation double-edged sword for India: Subbarao - Mar 30, 2012
- ICT key to combat climate change, say experts - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: backdrop, conclave, consumer technology, economical issues, economy, effects of inflation, global research, globalisation, government changes, idc, India, market intelligence firm, marketers, network technology, New Delhi, next level, sessions, slowdown, social networks, technological development