Direct tax revenue up 18 percent to Rs.2,04,351 croreNovember 4th, 2010 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Revenues from direct taxes increased 17.82 percent to Rs.2,04,351 crore in first seven months of fiscal 2010-11, led by over 22 percent growth in corporate income tax collections on robust earnings.
Net direct tax collections in the first seven months of the current fiscal crossed Rs.2 trillion mark as compared to Rs.1,73,447 crore in the corresponding period of last year, according to official data released Thursday.
Collections from corporate tax jumped to Rs.1,34,251 crore in April-October period from Rs.1,09,996 crore during the same period last year registering a growth of 22.05 percent.
Revenues from personal income tax that include Securities Transaction Tax and residual Fringe Benefit Tax/Banking Cash Transaction Tax rose 10.33 percent to Rs.69,722 crore.
Wealth tax collections rose 18.50 percent to Rs.378 crore.
However, collections from securities transaction tax fell 6.80 percent to Rs.3,602 crore in the first seven months of fiscal 2010-11.
According to the budgetary estimate, the government targets Rs.4,30,000 crore revenue from direct taxes in fiscal 2010-11, up 13.67 percent from the previous fiscal.
- Direct tax mop-up jumps 19 percent, beats target - Oct 19, 2010
- Indirect tax mop-up rises to 42.4 percent - Nov 16, 2010
- Direct tax collection up 3.9 percent - Nov 05, 2009
- Gross direct tax collection up 26 percent - Sep 08, 2011
- Direct tax collection up 18 pc in April-November - Dec 07, 2010
- Indirect tax mop-up surges 46 percent to Rs.1,24,170 crore - Sep 14, 2010
- Direct tax mop-up rises 6.77 percent in April-June - Jul 09, 2012
- Indirect tax mop-up surges 44.4 percent in six month - Oct 14, 2010
- Black money worth Rs.300 crore unearthed - Dec 20, 2011
- Indirect tax collections up 42 percent in eight months - Dec 15, 2010
- Fiscal deficit to remain at 5.5 percent in 2010-11 - Dec 07, 2010
- Direct tax collection rises 14 percent to Rs.1,00,112 crore - Sep 06, 2010
- Personal income tax collection up 10.02 percent in April-May - Jun 13, 2012
- Direct tax mop-up jumps 21 percent - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi's gets over Rs.2,000 crore from liquor sales - May 15, 2011
Tags: cash transaction, corporate income tax, direct taxes, earnings, fringe benefit tax, government targets, income tax collections, New Delhi, personal income tax, rs 1, rs 2, seven months, transaction tax, trillion, wealth tax