Direct tax mop-up rises 6.77 percent in April-JuneJuly 9th, 2012 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) Collections from direct taxes rose by 6.77 percent to Rs.1,11,182 crore during the first quarter of the current financial year as compared to Rs.1,04,135 crore in the corresponding period of last fiscal, government data showed Monday.
Gross collection from personal income tax rose by 13 percent to Rs.40,520 crore in April-June period of fiscal 2012-13, as compared to Rs.35,858 crore in the same period of last year.
From corporate taxes gross collection increased by a sluggish 3.48 percent to Rs.70,594 crore during the period under review, according to data released by the finance ministry.
However, wealth tax collection dropped by 3.03 percent to Rs.32 crore and from Securities Transaction Tax fell by 0.52 percent to Rs.952 crore.
Net collection from direct taxes in April-June period was Rs.84,273 crore, 47.16 percent higher than Rs.57,267 crore mop-up recorded in the corresponding period of last year. Net and gross collection figures varies substantially because of refunds.
- Gross direct tax collection up 26 percent - Sep 08, 2011
- Personal income tax collection up 10.02 percent in April-May - Jun 13, 2012
- Direct tax collection up 18 pc in April-November - Dec 07, 2010
- Direct tax collections up 27 percent in April-July - Aug 12, 2011
- Direct tax collections rise 14.6 percent in April-January - Feb 08, 2012
- Direct tax mop-up jumps 21 percent - Mar 09, 2011
- Government hopes to meet indirect tax collection target - Feb 08, 2012
- Direct tax collection in Q1 up 24 percent - Jul 07, 2011
- Direct tax revenue up 18 percent to Rs.2,04,351 crore - Nov 04, 2010
- Direct tax mop-up jumps 19 percent, beats target - Oct 19, 2010
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- Indirect tax mop-up rises to 42.4 percent - Nov 16, 2010
- Direct tax collection rises 13 percent in 2011-12 - Jun 06, 2012
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Indirect tax mop-up surges 44.4 percent in six month - Oct 14, 2010