Dikshit for early completion of work in illegal coloniesJanuary 5th, 2011 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday reviewed the regularisation process in unauthorised colonies of the capital and stressed the need for early completion of developmental work, an official spokesperson said.According to the spokesperson, Dikshit stated that her government was keen to complete the process of regularisation to enable the residents of unauthorised colonies to benefit from basic amenities.
“It was decided that work may commence in undisputed portions of those colonies which are yet to be cleared by the Archaeological Survey of India and the forest department,” it said.
To start the early regularisation of colonies, the chief minister asked the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to submit final layout plans in respect of 733 colonies which have been cleared by different agencies.
The MCD has assured that it will be able to submit layout plans in respect of at least 100 colonies within the next fortnight, enabling the city government to announce regularisation of these colonies.
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- Delhi government hits out at MCD over unauthorised colonies - Nov 29, 2010
- Dikshit meets MLAs to discuss Delhi development issues - Jan 10, 2011
- Private bill on unauthorised colonies rejected - Aug 20, 2010
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi sets up task force for regularization of colonies - Sep 11, 2012
- Dikshit airs concern over lack of amenities in slums - Apr 14, 2010
- Regularisation of Delhi's unauthorised colonies soon - Aug 05, 2010
- New unauthorised colonies in Delhi to be demolished - Jun 07, 2010
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi's 1,500 illegal colonies to be regularised - Feb 07, 2011
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,