Diana Tea eyes 10-15 percent turnover growthJune 23rd, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 23 (IANS) Diana Tea Company Limited (DTCL), an Aares Group company, Saturday said it is eyeing 10 percent to 15 percent increase in its turnover this year.
“Currently, our turnover stands at Rs.51 crore. We are planning 10 percent to 15 percent increase in our turnover in the current year,” DTCL managing director S. Singhania told reporters after the company’s annual general meeting.
The Kolkata-based company reported a net loss of Rs.6.10 crore for the quarter ended March 2012. For the same period a year ago, the company had posted a net loss of Rs.6.58 crore.
The company said it would exit the packet tea business soon as it has been a loss making category for it.
“We will exit the packet tea business by this year end,” Singhania said.
Packet tea of the company was primarily targeted at regular consumers and is available through its network of retailers and wholesalers in north India.
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Emami to open plants in Bangladesh and Egypt - Jul 06, 2012
- Usha Martin Q4 net dips almost 60 percent - May 10, 2012
- Balmer Lawrie plans Rs.3,500 crore turnover in 5 years - Sep 24, 2010
- Balmar Lawrie Q1 net up marginally - Aug 14, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Rossell to open three quick service outlets in Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Rs.2 bn equity investment in Srei Equipment Finance okayed - Aug 11, 2012
- NTPC quarterly net profit rises 15 percent - Oct 25, 2011
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- Kolkata firm to begin Vietnam plant work in March - Jan 31, 2011
- CESC's Q3 net profit down 33 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Hindustan Motors reports Rs.35.5 cr loss in Q1 - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, consumers, diana, group company, june 23, managing director, north india, packet tea, quarter ended march, rs 6, singhania, tea business, tea company, turnover growth, wholesalers, year end