Diamond sales pick up in AhmedabadDecember 6th, 2010 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Dec.6 (ANI): Diamond jewellers in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city are doing a brisk business following the wedding season across the country.
Manoj Soni, a jewellery shop owner, attributed the trend of preferring diamond jewelleries to gold for the skyrocketing prices of diamonds trinkets.
“In last five years, the demand for diamond jewellery has increased by 25 percent. And if we talk about last couple of years, due to the increase in gold prices, people are shifting towards diamond jewellery instead of gold jewellery,” said Soni.
Soni further said Indian expatriates and or foreign-born Indians form the core group of customers.
The diamond jewellery is exported from here to places like U.S.
Jyoti Shukla, a customer, said the diamonds give a more sophisticated look as compared to the yellow metal.
“Actually, now everyone knows that the market price of gold jewellery is increasing day by day. But in functions like weddings, diamond looks more good and as per the trend nowadays, the real diamond that one wears gives a more rich and good look,” said Shukla.
Diamond jewellery prices, in all segments, have risen only by 10 to 20 percent in the last five years, against the huge jump of 185 percent, in gold prices. (ANI)
- Cheer for buyers as gold prices dip on Akshaya Tritiya (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- High prices behind weak demand for diamonds this V-Day - Feb 13, 2012
- Gold prices dip an added draw to Akshaya Tritiya buyers (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Gold rush before Dhanteras: Jewellers - Oct 23, 2011
- Jewellers criticise hike in import duty on gold - Mar 16, 2012
- Slip in gold prices an added incentive to buyers this Akshaya Tritiya - May 06, 2011
- Gold traders on Akshaya Tritiya high - Apr 23, 2012
- Jewellery auction market shows signs of recovery - Apr 15, 2010
- Costume jewellery: Looks like gold, but doesn't cost the world - Dec 01, 2009
- Men too want diamond-studded rings - Nov 09, 2010
- High gold prices fail to deter buyers ahead of festive season - Oct 14, 2010
- Bengal minister urges Pranab to reconsider gold duty hike - Mar 24, 2012
- Shop till you drop in Kolkata! It's Durga Puja time - Oct 11, 2010
- Hike in import duty on gold: Jewellers body calls for shutdown - Mar 16, 2012
- Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali opens store in capital - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad city, brisk business, core group, diamond jewelleries, diamond jewellers, diamond jewellery, diamond sales, gold jewellery, gold prices, gujarat, indian expatriates, indians, jewellery shop, jyoti, manoj, market price of gold, price of gold, segments, trinkets, wedding season