Diamond Power’s new cable plant inauguratedJuly 2nd, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, July 2 (IANS) The high-tension power cables manufacturing plant of cable maker Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd, formerly Diamond Cables Ltd, was commissioned Wednesday. The Rs.300 million plant, located in Gujarat’s Savli district, was inaugurated by state Energy Minister Saurab Patel.
The plant has an annual installed capacity to manufacture 2,800 km length of high-tension cables and is equipped with machinery from China and Germany, company vice-president and chief financial officer Deepak Joshi.
Diamond Power has seven manufacturing facilities in Gujarat and produces distribution conductors, transformers and power and control cables. It closed 2007-08 fiscal with revenues of Rs.5 billion.
The company has also two more projects under implementation. The first is a transmission tower project with a capacity of 48,000 tonnes. The other is a low-tension power cable project with a capacity to manufacture 25,000 km in length.
Diamond Power is also putting up a large power equipment park near its Savli plant at an estimated cost of Rs 2 billion.
The park will have a large high tension cables production facility, a transmission tower facility with a capacity of 48,000 tonnes and an extra high voltage cable making facility all of which are anticipated to generate revenue of more than Rs.15 billion when operational.
The transmission tower and low-tension power cables project are expected to go on stream during the current fiscal, Joshi said.
- Havells invests Rs.1.2 bn for expansion - Dec 08, 2010
- Shree Vijay setting up aqua feed plant in Andhra - Feb 22, 2012
- Uflex assigns $250 mn for growth, eyes $2-bn revenue by 2015 - Sep 06, 2012
- Dhunseri to commission Egypt plant next year - Aug 02, 2012
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Gujarat to have Asia's largest solar power park - Dec 30, 2010
- ABB to invest Rs.250 crore on power products - Apr 23, 2012
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- Indian packaging firm eyes African market - Jul 04, 2010
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,018 crore - Dec 27, 2010
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- Diamond Power Infrastructure bags Rs.620 million contract - Mar 20, 2008
Tags: cable maker, cable plant, company vice president, control cables, energy minister, germany company, high tension, high voltage cable, infrastructure ltd, joshi, manufacturing facilities, manufacturing plant, power cable, power cables, power infrastructure, rs 2, state energy, tension cables, tower project, transmission tower