DIAL decision on integrated terminal next monthDecember 17th, 2010 - 11:51 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 17 (IANS) Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) will take a decision on an integrated domestic-cum-international terminal complex for low-cost carriers (LCCs) next month, its top official said.”We may take a decision on that next month,” DIAL CEO P.S. Nair told IANS on the proposal to link existing terminals like 1A and 1C, which are no longer operational, to the new LCC domestic terminal T1D, on the same lines as the Stanstead airport in London.
While DIAL may take the decision on the proposed LCC integrated terminal next month, it will currently focus on its snazzy new terminal-3 (T3), which now caters to Air India, Jet Airways, JetLite and Kingfisher Airlines.
“We are currently focusing on T3, as the complete transition process is on and we are in coordination with all our stakeholders for a complete and smooth shift,” Nair said.
The non-functioning terminal 1A was earlier used for the erstwhile Indian Airlines and Kingfisher Airlines departures till their domestic operations shifted to T3.
According to a senior official, DIAL could either continue with the T1D or have an integrated terminal for LCCs, which would require a link to existing terminals and an upgradation of infrastructure in other discarded terminals.
“This will require introspection and planning as the passenger capacity is rising and with one LCC even flying to the subcontinent, the prospects of the integrated terminal looks strong,” the official said.
He added that the combined capacity of the three terminals 1A, C and D will be around 18 million per annum, which would include nine million for arrivals and departure each.
Currently, the terminal T1D built at a cost of Rs.100 crore (nearly $22 million) and commissioned last year is being used by Go Air, IndiGo and SpiceJet for their arrivals and departures.
- Full scale domestic operations commence at T3 - Nov 14, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Better deals in offing for those flying abroad - Mar 06, 2011
- Kingfisher to reconfigure aircraft - Oct 05, 2011
- Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2010
- Delhi airport's T3 completes one year Thursday - Jul 27, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
- Flights take off from new domestic terminal at Delhi (Lead) - Apr 19, 2009
- For private jets, corporate India is wind beneath wings - Apr 28, 2011
- New terminal at Delhi airport becomes operational - Apr 19, 2009
- Domestic flights from Delhi's Terminal-3 now from Nov 14 - Oct 25, 2010
- Kingfisher, Indigo to shift to new terminal from Sunday - Apr 17, 2009
- Flyers may have to pay more for using Delhi airport - Feb 16, 2011
- Delhi's new terminal to start operations April 19 - Apr 14, 2009
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,