Dhunseri forays into IT, to create 7,000 jobsJanuary 19th, 2009 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 19 (IANS) The city-based Dhunseri group is making a Rs.130-crore (Rs.1.3-billion) foray into the IT infrastructure business, generating about 7,000 jobs, a top company company official said here Monday.”For this twin tower project, we have tied up with the State Bank of India (SBI) for financing,” said Dhunseri chairman and managing director C.K. Dhanuka at the foundation stone laying function.
Dhunseri Tea and Industries Ltd, the flagship company of the group, will develop the project, to be located at the Bantala special economic zone (SEZ) in the eastern part of the city.
In the first phase, Rs.65 crore (Rs.650 million) will be invested, out of which SBI will provide Rs.40 crore (Rs.400 million).
The company expects the first phase to be completed in 36 months.
“If the overall financial condition improves (worldwide), it can be even completed within 30 months,” Dhanuka said.
The project will generate employment for 7,000 IT professionals, he added.
The company is also planning the country’s first poly-carbonate project at Haldia with sister concern South Asia Petrochemicals on an investment of Rs.2,500 crore (Rs.25 billion).
- Dhunseri to commission Egypt plant next year - Aug 02, 2012
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- Cognizant to recruit 25,000 employees in 2011 - Jan 18, 2011
- Haldia Petrochemicals expects Rs.10,000 crore turnover this fiscal - Jun 11, 2011
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- Dhunseri acquires tea estates in Africa - Jul 28, 2012
- Rs.107 crore environment plan for Bengal's Bantala SEZ - Jan 18, 2011
- Chatterjee Group plans Rs.4,000 crore investment in Bengal - Jul 06, 2011
- Rossell to open three quick service outlets in Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
- HPL plans to hike production for turnaround - Jul 11, 2012
- Apeejay Infra starts Haldia, Kalinganagar logistics parks - Aug 26, 2010
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: bank of india, crore, dhanuka, flagship company, foray, forays, foundation stone, haldia, industries ltd, infrastructure business, petrochemicals, rs 2, sbi, sister concern, South Asia, special economic zone, state bank, state bank of india, tower project, twin tower