Dhumal wants lower interest rate on NABARD loansApril 20th, 2012 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 20 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Friday called for a cut in the interest rate on the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) loans saying high rates would hit rural projects in the state.
“I will be writing to the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister to consider the request of the state of lowering interest rate so that more funds are available for identified infrastructure development activities of Nabard,” an official statement quoted Dhumal as saying.
The chief minister said the issue had also been brought to the notice of the Planning Commission.
The state has been banking largely on the lender for carrying out infrastructure building projects.
On the newly introduced scheme NIDA (NABARD Infrastructure Development Assistance), Dhumal said the state would see how best it could avail funding under the scheme for warehousing and storage, dairy development, power sector, agriculture marketing and cold chain.
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa opposes rate hike on rural infra loans - Apr 27, 2012
- World Bank to give $37 mn more for Himachal watershed project - May 20, 2012
- World Bank to fund Himachal roads - Jan 23, 2012
- NABARD to adopt 40 Himachal villages for herbal plantation - Jul 30, 2010
- Nabard estimates Rs.41,085 crore credit flow in Karnataka - Dec 21, 2010
- Himachal to propose 'green budget': Dhumal - Sep 11, 2012
- Rs.300-crore dairy farming project planned for Himachal - Sep 23, 2009
- Himachal seeks additional funds from Planning Commission - May 23, 2011
- States' demand for 'green bonus' legitimate: Ashwani Kumar - Apr 09, 2012
- It was BJP versus BJP in Himachal assembly - Mar 15, 2011
- Dhumal opens heritage museum in Shimla - Aug 06, 2011
- Dhumal presents Rs.16,708.47 crore budget (With image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Andhra proposes non-banking finance body for self-help groups - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: agriculture marketing, building projects, chief minister, cold chain, dairy development, development assistance, finance minister, infrastructure development, interest rate, loans, national bank, planning commission, power sector, prime minister, rural development, sector agriculture, warehousing and storage