Designer Amit GT reprises royalty with contemporary twistSeptember 26th, 2008 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Inspired by Monte Carlo’s Avenue Princess Grace, designer Amit GT’s collection at next month’s Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) will reprise royalty with a contemporary twist to recall the elegance of a bygone era.”The collection is all about contemporary royalty, a fine blend of redefined elegance and old world charm matched to the styles of today’s generation,” Amit said at a preview of his collection here Friday
“This time, my line is all about grandeur and opulence,” he added.
The WIFW spring/summer edition will be held here Oct 15-19.
Amit has been a part of the fashion world for five years and made his debut at the fashion week’s autumn/winter edition earlier this year during which he displayed his “Luxe, Power and Seduction” collection that was highly appreciated for its sensual touch and bold statements.
“This line too is in continuation of the ‘Luxe, Power and Seduction’ theme but compared to the last time, this one is more seductive and obscenely decadent,” he maintained.
“I will be showcasing three lines - luxury prêt, transitional and couture,” he explained.
The collection will see different shades of pink like pearl pink and sorbet pink. Also colours like pinotnoir (akin to red wine) and basil will dominate the palette.
The collection also has innovative textures and architectural shapes, while light and airy fabrics like organza, along with layering, has been used in the silhouettes.
“Different textiles have been used. I have converted them into three dimensional motifs, which makes each outfit look elegant yet different,” Amit told IANS.
Amit debuted in January 2003 with his men’s prêt label “Senses by Amit GT”, now renamed Amit GT, a single umbrella for all prêt, diffusion and couture lines for men and women.
This season the designer will launch his super luxury couture line ‘Amit GT Prive’ and luxury prêt line ‘AGT Club’.
For the record, the Wall Street Journal has placed the Avenue Princess Grace at the top of a list of 10 Most Expensive Streets in the World. Just how expensive it is can be gauged from the fact that a beer will set you back $100.
The avenue was named after the American actress Grace Kelly after she married Monaco’s then ruler, Prince Rainier.
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Elizabethan Era' inspires Shantanu-Nikhil (With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- Rina Dhaka disappoints at couture week - Oct 10, 2010
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Mysore royal house unveils spring-summer collection - Mar 11, 2011
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Varun Bahl opens Couture Week; Madhuri cheers - Jul 23, 2011
- Tailormade for profits - designers snip pret prices (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- Designer Amit GT loves beautifying the bold woman - Aug 25, 2008
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Shara - a royal jewellery collection by Rachna Kapoor (With Images) - May 22, 2011