Deora to sign gas pipeline pacts in TurkmenistanDecember 9th, 2010 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 9 (IANS) Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Murli Deora will Saturday sign two agreements for operationalising the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline at Ashgabat, the capital of Turkmenistan, officials said Thursday.
Two deals, an inter-government agreement and a gas pipeline transmission agreement, will be signed to start the construction process for the 1,680-km pipeline, which will supply gas to south Asian countries from Turkmenistan’s gas fields.
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Afghan President Hamid Karzai will attend the ceremony. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh skipped the meeting, as he is travelling abroad for India-European Union meeting. Deora will ink the deal on India’s behalf.
The pipeline would deliver 90 million cubic metres gas a day, which will be shared by India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Four-nation gas deal signed in Turkmenistan - Dec 12, 2010
- India signs four-nation Turkmenistan gas pipeline deal (Lead) - Dec 12, 2010
- 7.6-bn-dollar TAPI gas pipeline accord inked - Dec 12, 2010
- India, Pakistan to sign four-nation gas deal - Dec 09, 2010
- India to get gas from Turkmenistan - May 17, 2012
- India signs gas supply pact with Turkmenistan - May 23, 2012
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- India signs deal for Turkmen gas through Afghanistan, Pakistan - Sep 20, 2010
- Afghanistan to deploy 7,000 troops to guard TAPI pipeline - Dec 13, 2010
- IPI on backburner, India hopeful of TAPI by 2015 - Jan 07, 2011
- Pakistan, Turkmenistan ink five accords - Nov 15, 2011
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Fuel price hike a necessity but no decision yet: Jaipal Reddy - May 22, 2012
- Turkmenistan gas pipeline transit fee finalised: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- TAPI pipeline to India could be pipedream: Pakistani daily - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: afghan president hamid, afghan president hamid karzai, afghanistan pakistan, asif ali zardari, gas pipeline, government agreement, hamid karzai, india pakistan, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, manmohan singh, murli deora, pacts, pakistan india, president hamid karzai, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, south asian countries, transmission agreement, union meeting