Deora meets Putin, holds talks about Sakhalin 3November 5th, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 5 (IANS) Oil Minister Murli Deora Wednesday held talks with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in Moscow in which he reiterated India’s interest in participating in the Sakhalin-3 oil and gas project, a ministry statement said here.Deora is on a two-day visit to Moscow, accompanied by a high-powered delegation, including Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) chairman R.S. Sharma and ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL) managing director R.S. Butola.
India has been talking about buying stake in Sakhalin-3 for the last couple of years, but Russia is yet to give the green signal.
The minister also suggested that Russian energy firm Rosneft and OVL could start joint exploration and develop projects in eastern Siberia. ONGC already has a 20 percent stake in Sakhalin-1 project operated by Exxon Mobil.
Deora further invited Russian companies to take part in both the upstream and downstream sectors in India’s oil and gas industry.
Companies of both countries could take part in hydrocarbon projects in third countries, Deora said.
Deora met his Russian counterpart Sergy Shemato at Tuesday night, where they talked about possibilities of enhancing cooperation in the oil and gas sector “on a long-term basis” as “Russia is energy rich and India is an energy deficit country”.
The minister also looked forward to Russian participation in the India-CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) Roundtable on hydrocarbons to be held in New Delhi Nov 25-26.
- Russia's Gazprom in talks over LNG supplies to India - Oct 25, 2010
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- Deora calls on Russian PM Putin at Moscow - Nov 05, 2008
- ExxonMobil and Rosneft sign deal for joint development of Arctic and Black Sea resources - Aug 31, 2011
- ONGC-Videsh favours joint exploration with Russian firms - Mar 20, 2010
- OVL signs deal with Russian firm in oil and gas sector - Dec 09, 2009
- Deora returns home after successful visit of Russia - Nov 06, 2008
- India interested in Exxon Mobil's Angola block - Nov 01, 2010
- OVL records highest production from foreign assets - Aug 19, 2010
- ONGC Videsh declares progressive 2009-10 financial results - May 22, 2010
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- Petroleum minister suggests joint projects to Russia - Nov 06, 2008
- Uganda seeks Indian help in developing hydrocarbon sector - Jan 28, 2010
- India looks at Russia for assured oil supply - Nov 25, 2008
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012