Dentists laud US chewing gum maker’s healthcare initiativeSeptember 9th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 9 (IANS) The Indian Dental Association (IDA) has lauded a leading US chewing gum maker’s oral healthcare initiative in this country, saying it would bring on a common platform the various stakeholders in the field.
The launch of the Wrigley Oral Healthcare Programme (WOHP) in India “will bring dental professionals and students together, develop research initiatives and exchange programmes and encourage clinical research on plaque reduction and saliva stimulus”, IDA president, Lt. Gen. (retd) Paramjit Singh, said.
“All this will help generate greater awareness of oral health, something we sorely need among our people,” he added.
“Bad oral health can result in heart disease and strokes that can be potentially fatal. Oral health in India is a growing concern for IDA.”
WOHP, which operates in 47 countries, is an initiative designed to support dental professionals by providing them information and practical resources to promote healthy oral care routine among their patients in the Indian context.
“The initiative will support independent clinical research into preventive dentistry keeping in mind Indian lifestyle and food patterns,” a Wrigley statement said.
“It will support oral care professionals with continuing education programs and conferences, and foster oral health education through digital media, brochures and other materials,” the statement added.
- 'Ignorance takes toll on oral health' (September 12 is World Oral Health Day) - Sep 12, 2012
- 600 dentists to feature in 24-hour oral care marathon - Oct 02, 2009
- Mom's emotions affect child's dental health: Study - Aug 23, 2012
- '40 pc Indians in metros suffer from tooth sensitivity' - Jul 03, 2011
- Energy drinks severely damage tooth enamel: Study - May 02, 2012
- Government trying to create more jobs for dentists: Azad - Jan 17, 2011
- Postmenopausal women urged to increase yearly dental checkups - Mar 11, 2011
- After synthetic juice, doctors' body endorses chewing gum - Jul 05, 2008
- Poor oral hygiene linked to cancer deaths - Jun 12, 2012
- Mothers' oral hygiene affects child's health - May 18, 2010
- Brush your teeth to avoid cancer! - Jun 12, 2012
- Now a helpline to quit tobacco - May 29, 2012
- Chew gum in class, German school pupils told - Dec 02, 2010
- Scientists clue in on why saliva glands stop working - Jun 03, 2011
- Permanent dental implants for edentulism patients - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,