Dena Bank hikes interest, deposit ratesAugust 7th, 2008 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) Dena Bank Thursday announced hikes in its deposit and lending rates, joining a slew of other banks that have revised rates recently following the central bank hiked cash reserve ratio and repo rate. A release issued by the bank said the deposit rates will be hiked by 25-100 basis points across various slabs, while the prime lending rate (PLR) will go up by 75 basis points to 14.25 percent from 13.5 percent, with effect from Friday.
However, the bank has not raised interest rates on existing house loans of up to Rs.3 million under Dena Vikas Scheme and educational loans under Dena Vidyalakshmi Scheme.
Other banks and institutions that have increased PLR after the latest rate hikes by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) include ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, IDBI Bank, YES Bank, Corporation Bank and Bank of India.
- SBI hikes lending rates, EMIs to rise - Jul 07, 2011
- PNB, Allahabad Bank hike lending, deposit rates - Jul 29, 2011
- Interest rates to go down but not immediately, say top banks - Apr 17, 2012
- ICICI Bank hikes lending, deposit rates - Dec 04, 2010
- Inflation forces India's central bank to hike rates again (Roundup) - May 03, 2011
- SBI raises lending, deposit rates; loans to get costlier - Aug 16, 2010
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- Price stability needed to sustain growth: Pranab - Jun 16, 2011
- Highlights of monetary policy unveiled by India's central bank - May 03, 2011
- Indian central bank hikes policy rates again to curb inflation - Mar 17, 2011
- Bulk, retail deposit interest rates would go down first: Bankers - Apr 17, 2012
- Sensex tanks as India's central bank hikes rates (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- United Bank of India to decide on rate hike - Sep 16, 2010
- Duel with inflation continues, RBI hikes rate again - Jun 16, 2011
- Duel with inflation continues, RBI hikes rate again, signals more (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: 100 basis points, axis bank, bank of india, banks, cash reserve ratio, dena bank, educational loans, idbi bank, institutions, interest rates, plr, prime lending rate, punjab national bank, rate hikes, reserve bank of india, slabs, slew