Demand for mobile handsets likely to reach 250 mn in 2014May 11th, 2012 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) The demand for mobile phone handsets in the country is likely to reach 250 million in 2014 with an estimated value of Rs.54,000 crore, Minister of State for Communications and IT Milind Deora told parliament Friday.
The demand will reach to 250 million in volume while in value terms, the same will stand at Rs.54,000 crore, the minister told the Rajya Sabha in a written reply, citing Indian Cellular Association (ICA) projected statistics.
According to the estimates, in the year 2012, the demand will reach to 200 million in volume term at a rate of growth of 11 percent, while in value term, the same will stand at Rs.43,000 crore.
The data also said that the demand for mobile handsets in the country has grown by 20 percent to 180 million in 2011 as compared to 150 million for 2010, while in value term the same stands at Rs.38,200 crore in 2011 as compared to Rs.34,500 crore in 2010.
- Manufacturing ecosystem, uniform tax rate for handsets called for - Nov 02, 2011
- Bharti forays into mobile handset business - Sep 19, 2010
- Sharp Business Systems eyes Rs 1,200 crore turnover by 2011-12 - Nov 22, 2010
- Reduce VAT on cell phones: Lobby asks Bengal - Mar 26, 2010
- Spice to invest Rs.1,000 crore in 2011-12 - May 02, 2011
- Indian mobile handsets market grows by 3.6 percent in Q3 - Dec 29, 2010
- Budget: Air India to get Rs.1,200 crore fresh equity - Feb 28, 2011
- IOB eyes Rs.2.5 lakh crore business - Feb 06, 2011
- Indian coffee planters brewing profits - Oct 23, 2011
- Boom in Indian telecom industry to continue - Jun 12, 2011
- Bollywood went from gloom to glory, singing 'Ooh la la' (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 15, 2011
- Indian healthcare industry poised for rapid growth - Aug 05, 2011
- Nokia to focus on sub-Rs.6,000 category - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Demand for high-end mobile phones is booming' - Nov 26, 2009
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,