Dell launches new range of Inspiron laptopsJune 7th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Computer manufacturer Dell Thursday launched the latest version of its Inspiron R and Inspiron R special edition laptops for the Indian market saying consumers want value for money and are not necessarily driven by low prices.
The laptops powered by third generation Intel Core processors are priced in the range of Rs.39,990 - Rs.63,682.
“Value for money is different from offering low cost products. Indian consumers do not necessarily go for cheap products,” Mahesh Bhalla, executive director and general manager, consumer, Dell India, told reporters.
“With a strong consumer centric strategy at Dell we create products with customers in mind and great experiences since what’s important is not the technology itself, but what it enables them to do,” he added.
Inspiron 14R and 15R are priced at Rs.39,990. Inspiron 14R special edition is valued at Rs.51,146 while Inspiron 15R special edition is priced Rs.49,990 and Inspiron 17R special edition is priced at Rs.63,682. All these prices are exclusive of taxes.
Bhalla said the declining rupee had forced the firm to hike prices of the products but refused to give any details.
Dell also showcased its soon-to-be-launched thin and light weight Inspiron Z series for young professionals.
- Samsung launches premium notebook for Rs.1,02,990 in India - Aug 31, 2012
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- Intel launches second generation core processors - Jan 06, 2011
- Dell India gets notice for over-pricing products - Aug 02, 2009
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- Free laptops will have Tamil Nadu state logo burnt on chip - Jun 18, 2011
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Laptop Deals Aplenty On Cyber Monday! - Nov 30, 2010
- New long-life battery laptops from Dell - Nov 08, 2009
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Intel ships new Atom processors to PC makers - Dec 29, 2011
- New eMachines Laptop Unveiled By Acer On Black Friday - Nov 26, 2010
- HCL unveils laptops designed for Indian conditions - Nov 17, 2008
- Intel's Sandy Bridge chipset 'to revolutionise PC market' - Sep 14, 2010
- AMD unveils new chip for powering computer applications - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: computer manufacturer, core processors, dell, executive director, experiences, generation intel, India, indian consumers, inspiron laptops, intel, money, New Delhi, rupee, third generation, young professionals