Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestationJune 26th, 2012 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) The Delhi government Tuesday approved 23 projects worth Rs.440 crore, of which a lion’s share of Rs.331 crore will be spent on the public works department’s (PWD) battered roads.
“The expenditure finance committee (EFC) has sanctioned 23 projects amounting to Rs.440 crore,” Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said, after presiding over a meeting of the committee.
Of the 23 projects, 20 are of the PWD and the rest are of the departments of forest, social welfare and irrigation and flood.
Besides roads, the rest of the amount has been earmarked for works like tree plantation, afforestation and construction of homes for mentally disabled.
Talking to reporters, Dikshit said: “The roads transferred by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to PWD are not in good shape. The condition of roads is not satisfactory and they require urgent improvement, strengthening, widening and upgradation.”
While repair of 11 roads in east Delhi’s trans-Yamuna area will cost Rs.148.55 crore, an amount of Rs.154.42 crore has been earmarked for seven roads in south and west Delhi.
In northern part of the capital, two roads will be repaired at a cost of Rs.28 crore.
The EFC also sanctioned an amount of Rs.47.63 crore for construction of five stay homes for mentally retarded people.
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation (lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi ministers find debris, garbage at Games' sites - Jul 09, 2010
- Delhi government to build flats for its employees - Feb 25, 2011
- CVC finds major irregularities in Games projects (Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Delhi government diverted funds meant for SCs: NGO - Jul 08, 2012
- States to have automated vehicle inspection centres - May 24, 2011
- From streetscaping to lights - CAG slams Delhi government - Aug 05, 2011
- Punjab to link all cities with highways - Apr 23, 2012
- Delhi's Barapullah elevated road open for public - Dec 07, 2010
- Himachal road repair hastened ahead of apple harvest - Jun 03, 2012
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Dikshit inspects Commonwealth Games road projects in Delhi - Jul 30, 2009
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- Fix responsible for lapses, Himachal court tells official - Nov 18, 2011
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: chief minister, crore, delhi government, east delhi, efc, finance committee, flood, good shape, irrigation, lion, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, sheila dikshit, social welfare, tree plantation, two roads, upgradation, west delhi, yamuna