Delhi to be sparkling clean — before DiwaliOctober 25th, 2010 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 25 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Monday asked its officials to carry out special sanitation drives to keep the city “clean and beautiful” ahead of Diwali.
MCD Standing Committee chairman Yogendra Chandolia directed officials of the largest civic agency to ensure cleaning of roads, streets and drains and removal of garbage before the Nov 5 festival.
He asked the electrical department to ensure that all the streetlights functioned and the engineering department to repair the damaged roads and to remove waste materials immediately after carrying out the job.
“Any laxity in this regard will not be tolerated and the concerned officer will be taken to task,” Chandolia said.
He asked the sanitation staff to monitor the working of private companies engaged in solid waste management and door-to-door garbage collection.
The horticulture department has been told to improve the green areas around streets and roads besides parks.
- Are Delhi agencies geared to tackle monsoon? - Jul 06, 2012
- Delhi mayor starts clean city drive during festivals - Sep 24, 2009
- Waste management project in major Punjab cities from October - Jun 03, 2011
- Door-to-door garbage collection in 8 Rajasthan cities - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi set for major sanitation drive ahead of Games - Jul 01, 2010
- Day after: Ramlila Maidan deserted, clean up on - Aug 29, 2011
- MCD orders internal inquiry in CWG projects - Oct 23, 2010
- Day after Diwali, garbage up by 1,000 tonnes: MCD - Oct 27, 2011
- When an inundated Delhi reminded one of Venice! - Sep 09, 2011
- Showcase clean Delhi during Games 2010, Walia tells MCD - Jan 05, 2010
- Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD - Aug 10, 2010
- For Games, MCD to take bite out of mosquitoes - May 15, 2010
- MCD blames discoms for non-functional streetlights - Nov 03, 2010
- Games knock door, but litter-free Delhi a distant dream - Jun 22, 2010
- Most Delhi slums without proper toilets: Study - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: committee chairman, diwali, drains, electrical department, engineering department, garbage collection, horticulture department, job, laxity, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, nov 5, private companies, regard, sanitation staff, solid waste management, standing committee, streetlights, waste materials