Delhi school students to get Airport Metro experienceMay 1st, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) students from leading schools in the city will get a chance to ride the high-speed Airport Metro Express as part of an educational-cum-excursion trip, an official said Sunday.
Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited (DAMEPL), a Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium that operates the the Airport Express Line (AEL), has tied up with some schools in the capital city for the programme to popularise the Metro stretch among school children.
“With this trip we want to showcase AEL’s technological marvel and create awareness among students about the benefits of modern urban public transport,” a DAMEPL official said.
The activity is organised by the consortium till the middle of May before the schools close for the summer vacation.
The 23-km Delhi Metro corridor takes passengers from New Delhi Railway Station to the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in just 18 minutes.
Running at a maximum speed of 105 km an hour, the Metro line, which opened Feb 23, goes up to Dwarka’s Sector 21.
To popularise the high-speed Metro corridor among the public, the Reliance Infrastructure led consortium is taking a number of initiatives like offering fares at discount during festival season.
- 9,000 people travel on Airport Metro daily - May 04, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency - Aug 21, 2011
- Metro's airport line likely to open next week: Sreedharan - Jan 18, 2011
- Domestic flights' check-in opens on Airport Metro line - Jun 10, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- Delhi Airport Express resumption date unclear - Aug 14, 2012
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Delhi Metro airport line to open by March (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discounted fares on Good Friday, Easter - Apr 21, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance, to begin soon (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: ael, airport express, consortium, delhi airport, delhi metro, delhi school, excursion trip, indira gandhi, leading schools, maximum speed, may 1, metro express, metro line, New Delhi, railway station, reliance, school students, speed metro, summer vacation, urban public transport