Delhi PWD slammed for wasteful expenditure on hospitalSeptember 5th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Inadequate planning on a project to construct a hospital in west Delhi’s Dwarka by the Public Works Department (PWD) led to wasteful expenditure of Rs 25.62 lakh, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report tabled in the Delhi assembly Monday said.
The project that could not materialise also blocked funds worth Rs 14.20 crore.
“The department of health decided (December 1996) to construct a 500 bedded hospital at Dwarka through PWD. Due to inadequate planning, the project could not be materialised even after incurring an expenditure of Rs 14.20 crore and wasteful expenditure of Rs 25.62 lakh,” the report for the year ending March 31, 2010, said.
Dwarka, with a population of over 10 lakh, thrives on few tertiary private hospitals and select dispensaries. The report slammed the Delhi government for inadequate planning.
“Inadequate planning of the Delhi government not only resulted in losses but also depicted lackadaisical attitude towards providing health facilities to the residents of Dwarka,” the report said.
- Auditor slams Lok Nayak Hospital for wastage - Sep 05, 2011
- From streetscaping to lights - CAG slams Delhi government - Aug 05, 2011
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation - Jun 26, 2012
- Money wasted on potted plants - Aug 05, 2011
- Eight new hospitals to come up in Delhi - May 01, 2012
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation (lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Himachal takes green road to plastic disposal - Aug 02, 2011
- CWG were a success despite hurdles: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2011
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Himachal's fiscal liabilities up 46 percent: CAG - Apr 06, 2012
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- CWG infrastructure: The flip side (To go with 'Zipping through flyovers, Metro') - Sep 30, 2011
- Does CAG report indict Sheila Dikshit? - Aug 05, 2011
- CAG slams Dikshit, Kalmadi for 'enormous bungling' (Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: comptroller, delhi government, department of health, dwarka, health facilities, lackadaisical attitude, losses, New Delhi, population, private hospitals, pwd, wasteful expenditure, west delhi, year ending march