Delhi power discoms seek hike in electricity pricesMay 6th, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Delhi’s three private power distributing companies (discoms) Thursday sought hike in tariff saying they are running into a combined loss of Rs.2,600 crore.
The three discoms - BSES Yamuna, BSES Rajdhani and North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL) -also demanded a cost reflective tariff having different electricity rates during peak and non-peak hours to cut their losses.
“This year the power consumption is almost 20 percent higher than April last year and we have made arrangements through expensive bilateral procurements to meet any shortfall during summers. A delay in recovery of past losses and not increasing tariff for 2010-11 is likely to create further cash shortfalls, making it difficult for us to purchase power,” NDPL CEO Sunil Wadhwa told reporters here.
The three discoms have also told the state government that they have no money to sustain operations. They remained tight lipped on the amount that will compensate the losses incurred by them.
The decision on any power tariff hike is taken by the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC).
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Regulator to decide new power tariff in Delhi: Dikshit - Jun 05, 2010
- BJP to hold public meetings on power tariff June 14 - Jun 11, 2010
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- No change in power tariff in Delhi till CWG (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- No power tariff hike in Delhi this year: Dikshit - Jul 05, 2010
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- BJP to protest Delhi blocking lower power tariff - Jun 06, 2010
- Stand on power tariff in three days, Dikshit tells BJP - Jun 08, 2010
- Court questions delay in naming Delhi power regulator chief - Jan 21, 2011
- Global image prompted stand on power tariff: Delhi government - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: bses rajdhani, cash shortfalls, delhi electricity regulatory commission, derc, electricity prices, electricity rates, electricity regulatory commission, ndpl, north delhi, peak hours, power consumption, power limited, power tariff hike, private power, procurements, rs 2, shortfall, state government, sunil wadhwa, yamuna