Delhi power demand reaches new high at 5,642 MWJuly 5th, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) The power demand in Delhi Thursday again broke all previous records, peaking at 5,642 megawatts (MW), surpassing the projected consumption of the year, officials said.
“The power demand reached an all-time high at 5,642 MW Thursday, which surpassed the projected consumption of power at 5,500 MW,” a power department official said.
The capital Monday recorded the highest-ever consumption at 5,454 MW and in June alone the power consumption peaked for nine times.
The highest ever demand last year was 5,028 MW in August. The peak demand for power reached 2,831 MW in 2001 and has continued to increase since then.
- Delhi power demand reaches new high - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new all-time high - Jul 02, 2012
- Power demand in Delhi reaches all-time high - Jun 22, 2012
- Searing heat pushes power demand in Delhi to new high - Jun 21, 2012
- Delhi's power demand scores to record 5,178 MW - Jun 01, 2012
- Power demand breaks record in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sweltering Delhi to get monsoon rains this week (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi sizzles, power demand highest ever (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Power demand reaches all time high in Delhi - May 23, 2012
- Distcom urges consumers to switch off on Earth Hour - Mar 28, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Efforts on to reduce power outages: Pakistani minister - Jul 11, 2011
- As Delhi sizzles, power demand reaches to all-time high (Lead) - May 30, 2012