Delhi power demand reaches new highJune 26th, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) The power demand in Delhi Tuesday again broke all previous records, peaking at 5,389 megawatts (MW). This was the ninth time in June that power consumption has broken previous records.
“Once again, power demand reached an all-time high at 5,389 MW,” said a power department official.
On June 22, the capital recorded the highest-ever consumption at 5,271 MW while June 16 saw the consumption reach 5,265 MW.
Until now, the highest ever demand had been 5,028 MW in August 2011.
The peak demand for power reached 2,831 MW in 2001 and has continued to increase since then.
In 2012, the projected consumption of power has been pegged at 5,500 MW which, trends suggest, will be soon crossed.
- Power demand in Delhi reaches all-time high - Jun 22, 2012
- Searing heat pushes power demand in Delhi to new high - Jun 21, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new high at 5,642 MW - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new all-time high - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi's power demand scores to record 5,178 MW - Jun 01, 2012
- Power demand breaks record in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Delhi sizzles, power demand highest ever (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Distcom urges consumers to switch off on Earth Hour - Mar 28, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Efforts on to reduce power outages: Pakistani minister - Jul 11, 2011
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- As Delhi sizzles, power demand reaches to all-time high (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Power demand highest for 2010 in Delhi Thursday - Jul 01, 2010
- Power demand reaches all time high in Delhi - May 23, 2012