Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve trafficDecember 30th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) The Delhi Traffic Police Thursday issued travel restrictions for various areas of Delhi as part of their efforts to ensure a smooth New Year eve.”There will be well laid out arrangements for Connaught Place (CP) and the areas in its vicinity,” Joint Police Commissioner (traffic) Satyendra Garg said.
Vehicle restrictions will be imposed from 7 p.m. Friday.
“After 7 p.m. no vehicle, public or private, will be allowed to proceed towards Connaught Place beyond Mandi House, Bengali Market, North foot of Ranjit Singh flyover, and Minto Road to Deen Dayal Upadhaya Marg crossing,” said Garg.
He said that areas around Chelmsford Road, R.K. Ashram Marg to Chitragupta Marg Crossing, Gole Market, Patel Chowk, Kasturba Gandhi Road to Ferozshah Road Crossing and Jai Singh Road to Bangla Sahib Lane will also follow the same norm.
“No vehicular traffic shall be allowed in inner, middle or outer circles of CP. Visitors will have to park their vehicles outside CP,” a senior traffic police officer said.
Motorists have been advised to use alternative routes.
“For north to south Delhi movement, the motorists are advised to use Mathura Road-Ring Road-Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and Mother Teresa Crescent Road-Rani Jhansi Marg,” added Garg.
Motorists travelling from east to west Delhi have been advised to use India Gate-Akbar Road, Mother Teresa Crescent and Park Street.
Garg added that many traffic police teams have been stationed at busy routes to check drunk driving, and errant drivers would be penalised up to Rs.2,000 and their driving licences would be impounded.
- Traffic restrictions for R-day parade rehearsal - Jan 22, 2012
- Trial on Games lane cancelled due to heavy rains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Games road lane trial planned during rush hour - Sep 12, 2010
- Key Delhi roads to be shut for CWG marathon - Oct 11, 2010
- Commonwealth Games lanes restrictions from today - Sep 24, 2010
- Delhi Police warn against drunk driving on New Year's Eve - Dec 29, 2011
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Traffic advisory announced for Friday Tazia processions - Dec 16, 2010
- Some roads to be closed during Half Marathon: Traffic police - Nov 19, 2010
- Avoid Connaught Place for the next 8 months: Traffic police - Jan 04, 2011
- CWG has added to woes of Delhiites, says JD-U leader - Sep 28, 2010
- Games lane violators to be fined Rs.2,000 - Sep 03, 2010
- Commuters fume over traffic curbs for BRICS summit - Mar 28, 2012
- Games lane to be operational from Thursday - Sep 22, 2010
- Dedicated lanes for Games to be used only when needed - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: connaught place, crescent road, dayal, driving licences, gandhi road, india gate, kasturba gandhi, new year eve, north foot, outer circles, police gear, police teams, ranjit singh, shah zafar, singh road, south delhi, traffic police, vehicle restrictions, vehicular traffic, west delhi