Delhi plans institute to manage CWG infrastructureFebruary 7th, 2011 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 7 (IANS) The Delhi government is planning to set up a project management institute to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of the infrastructure developed during the 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG), Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Monday. “The institute will provide inputs on means and measures to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of the newly developed infrastructure. The institute will also provide input on preparation of various projects and better utilisation of available resources apart from ensuring financial discipline in commissioning the projects,” Dikshit said, addressing a Officers’ Meet at Delhi Secretariat.
Describing the successful hosting of the Games as a major milestone which has enhanced the image and status of Delhi, Dikshit said it provided the city government an excellent opportunity to take up around 75 infrastructural projects simultaneously.
Appreciating contribution of people in making Delhi a beautiful city, she said the city needs a bit of cultural change.
“The residents who have been supportive to the changes will have to develop habits of keeping Delhi clean and green,” she added.
- Delhi Government to monitor upkeep of Commonwealth Games infrastructure - Oct 29, 2010
- Delhi government submits response to Shunglu panel report - May 28, 2011
- Delhi government formulates response on CWG charges - May 25, 2011
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- MCD not using development funds, says Dikshit - Sep 01, 2011
- Delhi CM Dikshit to meet PM over Shunglu Committee report - Mar 28, 2011
- Delhi Metro asked to hand over roads by July 31 - Jul 13, 2010
- Dikshit seeks public support for Games - Jun 23, 2010
- CWG were a success despite hurdles: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2011
- Auditor talks of Delhi governor's role in CWG work - Aug 06, 2011
- Power firms to maintain Delhi's street lights - Jun 22, 2011
- Sports academies to ensure stadiums' utility post-CWG: Dikshit - Nov 23, 2010
- Delhi cabinet approves geospatial data bill - Mar 14, 2011
- Perfect coordination among all agencies for Games: Dikshit - Mar 29, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, available resources, beautiful city, chief minister, city government, cwg, delhi government, financial discipline, infrastructural projects, infrastructure, measures, milestone, New Delhi, project management institute, proper maintenance, secretariat, sheila dikshit, upkeep