Delhi Metro’s Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opens FridaySeptember 2nd, 2010 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) Come Friday and commuters from Delhi will travel to the capital’s satellite town of Gurgaon more easily as Delhi Metro opens its Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar section for public.
According to a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesperson, the entire stretch from Jahangirpuri to Gurgaon will have 25 km underground tunnels and stations apart from 20 km of elevated Metro section, with the trains covering the total 45 km distance in 80 minutes.
Metro services between Jahangirpuri and Central Secretariat and from Qutub Minar to HUDA City Centre have been operational for quite some time.
The line-section connecting Central Secretariat to Qutub Minar is 12.53 km long.
“The travel from Jahangirpuri to Gurgaon can be done at the cost of Rs.29 per trip,” the spokesperson said.
Metro Rail Safety Commissioner R.K. Kardam completed his inspection of the corridor Tuesday and gave a formal clearance in this regard.
There are 34 stations on the entire corridor, of which 20 are underground while 14 are elevated. The DMRC plans to run 36 to 40 trains during peak/off peak hours to cater to the passenger requirement on the line, he said.
The new section will be inaugurated by Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy in the presence of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Friday. The line will be open for public from 3 p.m.
With the opening of the line, the total operational Metro network will be 138 km with a total of 117 stations.
The much-awaited line, which has witnessed a delay, connects some tourist destinations and commercial hubs like INA market, AIIMS, Green Park, Saket and Qutub Minar.
- Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opened - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line to open Friday - Aug 31, 2010
- 32,000 footfalls on Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar Metro link - Sep 03, 2010
- Metro stations in Gurgaon to have parking space - Jan 17, 2010
- Metro-line connecting Delhi to Gurgaon inaugurated - Sep 03, 2010
- Metro begins trial runs on new line - Jul 16, 2010
- Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar Metro line to open in August - Jul 25, 2010
- Delhi Metro enters Gurgaon, open to public next month - May 13, 2010
- Passengers say time, money saved by new Metro line - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro reaches Gurgaon - Jun 21, 2010
- Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing work - Feb 10, 2012
- Sreedharan inspects Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Jun 24, 2010
- Metro to start in Gurgaon Monday - Jun 16, 2010
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
- Metro to connect Delhi and Gurgaon Monday - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: central secretariat, commercial hubs, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, development minister, dmrc, green park, jaipal reddy, metro network, metro section, metro services, peak hours, quite some time, qutub minar, rail safety, s central, saket, satellite town, sheila dikshit, underground tunnels