Delhi Metro’s airport line extends its radio cab serviceJanuary 7th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 7 (IANS) To enhance commuter convenience to and from Delhi Metro’s Airport Metro Express Line (AMEL), the concessionaire of the line Reliance Infrastructure will extend its prepaid shared radio cab service to one more Metro station, an official said Saturday.
“The shared cab service is already available at the Shivaji Stadium station for a minimum fare of Rs.10. This will be now started at the Delhi Aerocity Metro station from Tuesday,” said a spokesperson of Reliance Infrastructure.
Reliance Infrastructure has tied up with Iris Cab, which will provide radio taxi facility at Aero City Metro station on the premier line.
“The shared radio taxi facility is safe as the cab movement is closely monitored by their control room. The cab service at the Aerocity Metro station will help the commuters easily reach the T1 terminal,” the official said.
Cabs will be available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. everyday.
According to the official, prepaid shared radio cabs will soon be available at the New Delhi station also.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the 23-km AMEL has six stations: New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector 21.
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Airport Metro open to filmmakers - Oct 19, 2011
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Delhi Metro airport line set to commence - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro to accept payment by card - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: aerocity, cab service, cabs, city metro, commuters, concessionaire, delhi metro, delhi station, dhaula kuan, dwarka, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, jan 7, metro express, metro station, New Delhi, radio cab, radio taxi, railway station, spokesperson