Delhi Metro will be bigger than London underground: Kamal NathNovember 17th, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has been asked to prepare a detailed project report (DPR) for Delhi Metro’s fourth phase, after which its network will be bigger than London underground, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said Thursday.
“The detailed project report for phase IV of the Delhi Metro will be completed in the next 18 months. Once the DPR is prepared, based on ground realities the corridors will be firmed up,” the minister told reporters here.
The phase IV may have seven corridors.
“Currently, the network of Delhi is spread to 185 km. With the completion of phase IV project, the network will grow to 440 km,” said Kamal Nath.
The seven corridors are Yamuna Bank-Loni border (11.97 km), Janakpuri West-Mukundpuri (18.74 km), Mukdundpuri-Dilshad Garden (17.54 km), Kirti Nagar-Dwarka Sector 28 (18.7 km), Badarpur-Delhi Aerocity (20.79 km), Lajpat Nagar-Madangir (7.33 km) and Azadpur-R.K. Ashram (8.30 km), he said.
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Delhi Metro impresses Punjab chief minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Repair work of Airport Metro to end by October: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- Cabinet nod to 3 Delhi Metro corridors in Phase III (Lead, Superseding earier story) - Oct 11, 2010
- Metro comes to Bangalore - Oct 20, 2011
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro Phase III gets bigger, to cover Jamia, Faridabad - Jan 31, 2011
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: aerocity, ashram, corridors, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, detailed project, development minister, dilshad, dpr, fourth phase, ground realities, kamal nath, lajpat nagar, london, New Delhi, phase iv, urban development