Delhi Metro to be extended till Ghaziabad’s Mohan NagarMay 22nd, 2011 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 21 (IANS) The Ghaziabad district administration Saturday accepted the proposal of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Service (DMRC) to extend metro rail service from Dilshad Garden to Mohan Nagar here, an official said
The detailed project report (DPR) had already been submitted to the Ghaziabad Development Agency (GDA). Chairing the Ghaziabad infrastructure fund committee meeting where the proposal was accepted, Divisional Commissioner Bhuvnesh Kumar asked four government agencies - the GDA, the Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC), the Ghazaiabad municipal corporation and housing corporation to generate the funds.
GDA Vice Chairman Narendra Chaudhary said the DMRC has demanded Rs.1,282 crore from the GDA for the project. A fund of Rs. 815 crore has been sanctioned by the infrastructure fund committee.
In its DPR the DMRC has mentioned that the route length from Dilshad Garden to Mohan Nagar would be at 7.5 km and there would be three stations - Shaheed Nagar, Rajbagh Colony and Rajendra Nagar - between Dilshad Garden and Mohan Nagar.
The GDA has agreed to finance the fund to the tune of Rs. 134 crore per year out of its development fund. Rest of the money would be shared by other state government agencies.
If other agencies fail to fulfil the demand the divisional commissioner would request the government to provide funds, Chaudhry added.
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad - Feb 11, 2010
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro rail - Mar 12, 2010
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro Phase III gets bigger, to cover Jamia, Faridabad - Jan 31, 2011
- Ghaziabad set for makeover, to go hi-tech - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro will be bigger than London underground: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
Tags: committee meeting, crore, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, detailed project, district administration, divisional commissioner, dmrc, dpr, fund committee, gda, housing corporation, infrastructure fund, mohan, money, narendra, proposal, state government agencies, uttar pradesh state, vice chairman