Delhi Metro ridership crosses 800,000 passengersJuly 30th, 2008 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Delhi Metro has registered a record passenger flow of 800,000 people every day since Monday and has grossed Rs.9 million revenue from ticket sales on each day, an official said Wednesday. “The number of passengers using the Delhi Metro has crossed 800,000 per day for the last two days consecutively. Ridership Monday was 805,000 while the ridership Tuesday was 814,000,” said Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesman Anuj Dayal.
“This is the first time when the Metro ridership has crossed 800,000 on two consecutive days,” he added.
He said that about 43 percent of Metro passengers use two to three trains during each trip as they interchange lines. This means the actual train occupancy for the last two days was over 1.15 million.
Delhi Metro is the modern mass transport system of Delhi. It runs over a network of 68 km and construction works are on to add 125 km more.
- Delhi Metro completes 100 months of operations - Apr 24, 2011
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Metro to alert passengers on approaching trains - Jan 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro gives joyride to cancer-afflicted kids - Jul 13, 2012
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Delhi Metro to induct 8-coach trains on two busy corridors - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro instals equipment to handle cardiac arrests - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro bags national award in non-film category - Mar 07, 2012
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Closing ceremony spectators preferred Metro for travel - Oct 15, 2010
- Joyride in Metro for young cancer patients - Jul 12, 2011
- Book on Delhi Metro's success story - May 16, 2012
- Extra Metro trips on Bhai Dooj - Oct 27, 2011