Delhi Metro resume services (Second Lead)July 30th, 2012 - 10:56 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) The services on all the six lines of the Delhi Metro resumed by 8.45 a.m. after two hours of disruption due to tripping of power supply, an official said here Monday.
“The services in all the six lines became normal by 8.45 a.m. We are receiving hydel power from Bhutan on priority basis,” a Delhi Metro official said.
“We have not been able to operate all the lines for an hour from 6 a.m. to 7a.m. due to tripping of power supply. At 7 a.m. we restored 25 percent of the trains on all the lines, and now all the trains are plying as usual,” the official added.
Train services on the 190-km Metro network connecting length and breath of the national capital were affected due to power failure in the Northern Grid, the main power source for Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The Northern Grid failure also caused power cuts in large parts of Delhi.
The Delhi Metro normally operates over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on week days.
- Delhi Metro services resume on all lines (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro resume services (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi blames neighbouring states for power crisis (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power failure disrupts Delhi Metro services - Jul 30, 2012
- Power failure throws Delhi Metro services out of gear (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Grid failure brings Delhi Metro services to a halt - Jul 31, 2012
- 80 percent power restored in Delhi - Jul 30, 2012
- Powerless again, Northern and Eastern Grid break down (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power trip hits seven states, millions suffer (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power crisis now trips 22 states, 600 million people hit (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power crisis now trips 19 states, 600 million people hit (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Grid failure again halts Delhi Metro services (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power trip in seven states hits millions (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Second blackout in India hits 19 states, 600 million people (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: 7a, delhi metro, disruption, grid failure, haryana, himachal pradesh, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, metro network, New Delhi, northern grid, power failure, power source, power supply, priority basis, punjab, rajasthan, resume services, train services, uttar pradesh