Delhi Metro network to extend to GhaziabadMarch 24th, 2008 - 11:09 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Commuters spending hours in buses or getting fleeced by auto rickshaws soon can hope to travel in the comfort of the Metro between New Delhi and Ghaziabad. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) Monday signed an agreement for extending the Delhi Metro network to Vaishali, in Ghaziabad, a DMRC spokesman said.
DMRC director (projects) Vijay Anand and GDA vice chairman S.K. Dwivedi signed the memorandum of understanding on the extended Metro line.
Under the agreement, DMRC will extend the Indraprastha-Yamuna Bank and Anand Vihar-ISBT Metro corridor into Ghaziabad territory for a length of about 2.57 km.
The total expenditure will be Rs.2.6 billion. The cost of the rolling stock will be borne by DMRC, while GDA will provide land for the project free of cost.
The GDA will provide 2.50 hectares of land for stations at Kaushambi and Vaishali and other facilities, including parking.
“Operation and maintenance will be done by DMRC and the corporation will be exempt from all state taxes,” the spokesman said.
The project will be completed in 30 months.
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad - Feb 11, 2010
- Delhi Metro to be extended till Ghaziabad's Mohan Nagar - May 22, 2011
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Much-awaited Vaishali line may get delayed - Jul 02, 2011
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
- Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro rail - Mar 12, 2010
- Medical counters to come up at Delhi Metro stations - Mar 08, 2011
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: buses, commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, director projects, dmrc, ghaziabad development authority, ghaziabad development authority gda, hectares, indraprastha, isbt, memorandum of understanding, metro line, metro network, New Delhi, rickshaws, rolling stock, state taxes, vice chairman, vijay anand