Delhi Metro introduces souvenir postcardsMay 22nd, 2011 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) To further enhance its popularity, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has introduced a collection of souvenir postcards featuring its trains and stations, an official said Sunday.
The 7×5 inch colour postcards, priced at Rs.9 each, will be available at the souvenir shop in the Metro museum at Patel Chowk Metro Station from Tuesday. A set of 10 cards cost Rs.90, the official added.
“Since the opening of the Metro museum in January 2009, we have been receiving a lot of requests from visitors asking for photos of the Metro trains and the beautiful surroundings of Metro stations,” the official said.
Some of the popular souvenir items at the Metro museum are toy trains, key chains, snakes and ladders and ludo among others.
The price ranges from Rs.4 for a souvenir Metro token to Rs. 10,000 for a handcrafted train model.
- Delhi Metro spreads safety message through games, bookmarks - Mar 24, 2011
- Delhi Metro museum celebrates second anniversary - Dec 31, 2010
- Joyride in Metro for young cancer patients - Jul 12, 2011
- Vice President takes ride on Metro - Dec 03, 2011
- Delhi Metro toy trains on sale as souvenir - Oct 14, 2009
- Metro technical snag leads to crowds at Rajiv Chowk - Feb 01, 2012
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Metro forms special team to check ticket misuse - Jun 02, 2010
- Delhi Metro installs special gates for smart card users - May 05, 2010
- Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing work - Feb 10, 2012
- Delhi Metro assures its structures are quake resistant - Mar 15, 2011
- Soon, automatic top-up of Metro smart cards - Jan 15, 2012
- Delhi Metro gives joyride to cancer-afflicted kids - Jul 13, 2012
- Metro commuters to get tips on safe travel - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: cards, chowk, colour postcards, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, inch colour, key chains, ludo, metro museum, metro station, metro stations, metro trains, New Delhi, popularity, snakes and ladders, souvenir shop, surroundings, toy trains, train model