Delhi Metro gets fewer riders on Bhai Dooj (Lead, superseding previous story)November 7th, 2010 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) Contrary to expectations, the Delhi Metro had fewer riders on Bhai Dooj Sunday, an official said.
“The Metro ridership was 9.52 lakh till 8 p.m. On any normal Sunday, the ridership touches 11 lakhs,” the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said.
Delhi Metro ran 33 additional trains which made 453 extra trips Sunday on account of Bhai Dooj. The Metro had seen a 46 percent jump in footfalls on Bhai Dooj last year.
“Traffic restrictions due to US President Barack Obama’s visit led a few commuters to take the Metro, but the usual rush on Bhai Dooj was missing,” the official added.
- Traffic movement restricted, Delhiites throng Metro - Nov 07, 2010
- Delhi Metro to make extra trips on Bhai Duj - Nov 06, 2010
- Catch the last Metro ride at 8 p.m. on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Extra Metro trips on Bhai Dooj - Oct 27, 2011
- Delhi Metro records highest ridership June 13 - Jun 17, 2011
- Trade fair: Delhi Metro ridership zooms - Nov 22, 2010
- Delhi Metro gains from traffic jams, fewer buses - Sep 28, 2010
- Record ridership in Delhi Metro on Raskha Bandhan - Aug 13, 2011
- Metro service to end at 8 p.m. Diwali (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Harried commuters turn to Metro to escape traffic snarls - Sep 27, 2010
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Metro services to close three hours before time on Diwali day - Nov 03, 2010
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- India-Pakistan match bouncer for Metro ridership - Mar 30, 2011
- Metro train services curtailed on Diwali - Oct 15, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,