Delhi Metro completes construction of deepest tunnelApril 30th, 2009 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Thursday completed the construction of its deepest tunnel, built below the existing Metro tunnel at Rajiv Chowk in the heart of the capital.
“The breakthrough achieved today (Thursday) marked the completion of the deepest tunnel of the Delhi Metro, which has been built below the existing tunnel of Central Secretariat - Vishwavidyalaya line at Rajiv Chowk,” a DMRC statement here said.
The depth of the new tunnel is 45 metres and it passes 20 to 25 metres below the existing tunnel.
The construction of the 1,556-metre-long tunnel started at the New Delhi Railway station metro site in October 2008. This tunnel is a part of the 22.7-km-long Airport Express Link.
- Metro completes first tunnel of Phase III - Jul 26, 2012
- Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing work - Feb 10, 2012
- Delhi Metro makes longest bridge segment - Feb 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Delhi Metro kickstarts efforts to decongest Rajiv Chowk - Jan 31, 2012
- Two more bridges across Yamuna in Delhi Metro Phase-III - Sep 15, 2011
- Vice President takes ride on Metro - Dec 03, 2011
- Delhi metro completes its longest tunnel by single boring machine - Apr 22, 2009
- Top Delhi Metro official resigns - Apr 19, 2012
- Remove tobacco ads from Metro: NGO tells DMRC - Jun 01, 2012
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Mumbai's urban tunnel to be ready by January 2013 - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: airport express, april 29, breakthrough, central secretariat, chowk, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, heart, metro tunnel, New Delhi, railway station, rajiv, secretariat, station metro