Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing workFebruary 10th, 2012 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation(DMRC) managing director Mangu Singh Friday inspected the ongoing tunnel and boring work on a 3-km underground corridor between the Central Secretariat and Mandi House, which is part of the phase 3 project.
He also reviewed the progress of the civil work on the stretch that is expected to decongest the Rajiv Chowk station, where two Metro lines cross.
The bustling Rajiv Chowk Metro station serves a large number of commuters during the peak hours, and the Central Secretariat-Mandi House corridor will ease the pressure considerably. The corridor’s two stations will be ready by the end of 2014, DMRC officials said.
Delhi Metro Tuesday kicked off tunnelling and boring work for a 3-km underground corridor.
- Delhi Metro kickstarts efforts to decongest Rajiv Chowk - Jan 31, 2012
- Metro completes first tunnel of Phase III - Jul 26, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro impresses Punjab chief minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Metro commuters to get tips on safe travel - Feb 20, 2012
- Remove tobacco ads from Metro: NGO tells DMRC - Jun 01, 2012
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: boring work, central secretariat, chowk, commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, managing director, mandi, metro chief, metro lines, metro station, New Delhi, peak hours, phase 3, rajiv, secretariat