Delhi gets first automated multilevel car parkNovember 10th, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 10 (IANS) The capital’s first automated multilevel car park, with a capacity of 824 vehicles, was unveiled in south Delhi’s Sarojini Nagar Market Thursday.
Constructed at an estimated cost of Rs.80 crore, the car park in South Square mall has been designed by the New Delhi Municipal Council and builders DLF in the pubic-private-partnership mode.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inaugurated the parking lot, which is said to be India’s first and largest automated multilevel parking facility.
A car owner will have to pay Rs.10 per hour for using the facility. The ground and the first floors of the eight storey complex will have retail outlets and restaurants. The rest would be dedicated for parking.
“We are confident that this parking facility will ease the parking situation in Sarojini Nagar market to a large extent and customers will have a happy experience,” said NDMC spokesperson.
“This seems to be a successful partnership and a sustainable model for development,” said DLF executive director Rajeev Talwar.
The car park has lifts, pallets and computerised control systems that would be operational round-the-clock.
The automatic system saves time spent in searching for empty parking slots and time-spent in searching for the parked car, he said.
Once on the parking floor, the car pallet is positioned by the computerised system for optimal utilisation of space. The pallets move forward, backward, left and right to allow the cars to be moved towards the lift for retrieval.
- Delhi gets another automated multi-level parking - Jun 12, 2012
- Road rage: Khan Market accident waiting to happen? - Jan 12, 2011
- Irrelevant Delhi master plan will be revised: Kamal Nath - Nov 10, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Mumbai to get India's first multi-level automated car parks - Aug 31, 2010
- NDMC launches disaster management centre - Feb 19, 2011
- Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8 - Sep 01, 2011
- After new terminal, Delhi airport to have multi-level parking - Jul 04, 2010
- No parking fee in Khan Market till June 6: Court - Jun 03, 2011
- Now valet parking at Terminal-3 of Delhi airport - Nov 16, 2011
- Bhagidari will be introduced if Congress wins: Dikshit - Apr 13, 2012
- Temporary free parking allowed in Khan Market of Delhi - Apr 08, 2011
- CRPF starts taking over Delhi High Court security - Sep 09, 2011
- Notice to NDMC on Khan Market traders' plea - Jul 08, 2011
- Simplex to build multi-level parking lots in Guwahati, Noida - Sep 17, 2009
Tags: car owner, car park, chief minister, computerised control systems, computerised system, development minister, dlf, first floors, kamal nath, New Delhi, optimal utilisation, pallet, pallets, private partnership, rajeev, retail outlets, sarojini nagar, south delhi, spokesperson, sustainable model