Delhi gets centre’s nod to regularise 917 coloniesAugust 28th, 2012 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) The union urban development ministry Monday cleared the decks for the Delhi government to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies.
“We have got the approval from the government of India to regularise 917 colonies,” Delhi Urban Development Minister A.K. Walia told IANS.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath to seek approval to regularise the colonies as a case pertaining to these areas was pending in court.
“Now we don’t have to apprise the court in this matter as we have been asked to go ahead with the regularisation process,” said Walia, who was also present during the meeting.
Around 40 lakh residents in these colonies are likely to benefit from the regularisation which would entail government spending on civic infrastructure.
Ahead of the assembly polls in 2008, the ruling Congress had issued provisional regularisation certificate to 1,200 illegal colonies.
Walia said the central government also gave its approval for a monorail project in the city.
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Over 1,000 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Jun 25, 2010
- Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinet - Aug 28, 2012
- Private bill on unauthorised colonies rejected - Aug 20, 2010
- Reshuffle to ease work of overburdened ministers: Dikshit - Aug 28, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies - Sep 12, 2012
- Dikshit for early completion of work in illegal colonies - Jan 05, 2011
- Delhi government to allot plots to physically challenged - Jun 19, 2012
- GoM set up for Delhi's unauthorised colonies - Sep 12, 2011
- Delhi government hits out at MCD over unauthorised colonies - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: assembly polls, central government, chief minister, civic infrastructure, congress, decks, delhi government, development minister, development ministry, government of india, government spending, kamal nath, lakh, monorail project, New Delhi, nod, sheila dikshit, unauthorised colonies, urban development, walia