Delhi-Dehradun rail traffic dispruptedJuly 21st, 2008 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 21 (IANS) Train services between Delhi and Dehradun were disrupted after 14 wagons of a goods train were derailed near Mohiddinpur Monday. While sabotage was not ruled out, neither railway officials nor Uttar Pradesh police officials commented on the cause of derailment.
“We are looking into the matter and would comment (on the cause) only after an inquiry is completed,” a railway spokesman said.
He said the repair work on the track was being carried out and was expected to be completed Tuesday.
Several important trains, including Jan Shatabdi Express, Shalimar Express to Jammu, Haridwar-Ahmedabad Mail and Dehradun Express, were diverted to Hapur and Shamli tracks.
- Remodelling work to affect rail traffic in Ghaziabad - Jun 14, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Maoists blow up tracks, freight train derails (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Jharkhand's Latehar District - Oct 08, 2010
- Train movement hit in Bengal - Mar 30, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar - Jan 08, 2011
- Goods train derails in Jharkhand, services affected - Oct 08, 2010
- Harried Shatabdi passengers reach seven hours late - Oct 28, 2011
- Three dead as Doon Express derails, Mamata hints at sabotage (Third Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Two trains run over five in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Nov 07, 2009
- Maoist rebels blow up rail tracks in Orissa (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010