Delhi Court rejects bail plea of Utsav in BMW hit-and-run caseSeptember 18th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 18 (ANI): The anticipatory bail plea of Utsav Bhasin, accused of mowing down a person with a BMW car, has been rejected by a Delhi court today.
On Wednesday, Additional Sessions Judge Brijesh Garg, to whom the anticipatory bail application was marked, adjourned the hearing on the plea till today as the parties failed to produce the order of the Delhi High Court.
Investigating Officer A S Rawat, however, submitted before the court that he would file the order of the High Court passed on Tuesday.
Earlier, the Delhi High Court said the offence of Bhasin is non-bailable and issued a notice on a petition seeking cancellation of bail granted to him.
Delhi police submitted before Justice Veena Birbal that additional charges under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) have been framed against Bhasin after the death of one of the victim Anuj Singh.
Anuj and his friend Mrigank Srivastav were on a bike when the BMW driven by a 19-year-old boy Utsav Bhasin hit them and sped away on Wednesday in Lajpat Nagar area of Delhi.
The victims were rushed to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) by the police after an auto rickshaw driver informed them of the mishap.
Srivastav, a TV channel employee, received minor injuries.
The teenager, who fled the scene along with one of his friends who was in the car at the time of accident, was arrested from Kashmere Gate on Friday.
He was later released on bail after giving two sureties of Rs 20,000 each. (ANI)
- Delhi Court defers hearing on BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 17, 2008
- Delhi Court to hear bail plea of Utsav in BMW hit-and-run case today - Sep 18, 2008
- Utsav Bhasin files anticipatory bail plea in Delhi High Court - Sep 22, 2008
- Delhi High Court to pronounce order on Bhasin`s bail plea - Sep 25, 2008
- BMW case: Utsav Bhasin to be produced before Delhi court - Oct 10, 2008
- Delhi High Court cancels bail in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 16, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run: Utsav Bhasin moves high court for bail - Sep 22, 2008
- No relief for accused in second BMW hit-and-run - Sep 23, 2008
- Second BMW case: Court rejects Utsav Bhasin's bail plea - Sep 26, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run case: One victim dies - Sep 13, 2008
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- BMW accused Bhasin's fresh bail plea rejected - Nov 06, 2008
- Second BMW case: Utsav Bhasin sent to jail - Sep 28, 2008
- Bhasin alleges delay on bail plea in BMW hit-and-run case - Dec 03, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run: High court reserves order on Utsav's bail plea - Sep 24, 2008
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, auto rickshaw, bail plea, bailable, bhasin, birbal, bmw car, brijesh, culpable homicide, delhi court, delhi high court, delhi police, garg, india institute, minor injuries, sureties, trauma centre, utsav, veena