Delhi civic agency to be split into three unitsMay 30th, 2011 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The Delhi cabinet Monday decided to split the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) into three units in an effort to ensure efficient functioning of the civic body.
“In the cabinet meeting today chaired by (Chief Minister) Sheila Dikshit, the decision was taken that the MCD will be split into three zones - North, East and South,” a Delhi government official said.
According to sources, the decision will now have to be approved by the union home ministry.
Dikshit has been campaigning for splitting the MCD for the last four months. The move has been facing stiff opposition from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which leads the civic body, and even from certain Congress leaders in the MCD.
Dikshit recently met Congress party president Sonia Gandhi and said that the split will ensure better functioning of the civic body.
- Delhi civic agency to be split into three (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Delhi's civic corporation to be split into three (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Delhi cabinet clears bill to split MCD - Jun 14, 2011
- Splitting MCD a political move, says Delhi mayor - May 30, 2011
- Delhi cabinet clears bill to split MCD (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Home ministry nod for MCD's trifurcation - Nov 23, 2011
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Fourth lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi assembly passes bill to trifurcate MCD - Dec 01, 2011
- Political motive behind MCD trifurcation, says mayor - Nov 23, 2011
- Congress releases candidates list for MCD polls - Mar 25, 2012
- MCD split: Special session Nov 30 to pass bill - Nov 25, 2011
- MCD trifurcation: Delhi mayor meets Chidambaram - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,