Delhi awaits Building Technologies Summit 2007November 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
The summit will cover the entire spectrum of products and services from the industry, such as, Building Management Systems, Energy Management Services, HVAC Controls, System Integration, Fire Detection and Alarm, Electronic Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Video Surveillance (CCTV), Perimeter Protection and Security Guarding. It will also include relatively new areas such as Remote Monitoring Services (IP) and Video Analytics.
Mushtaq Md. Khan, Industry Manager, Environment and Building Technologies Practice, South Asia and Middle East, Frost and Sullivan, will be speaking on “Growth Opportunities and Challenges for the Indian Building Technologies Industry.” The presentation examines forces that drive or restrain market growth, challenges confronting the industry and the role of various entities of the ecosystem in industry’s growth, and offers insights into options for growth.
According to Mushtaq Md. Khan, “The exceptional performance of the industrial sector and the phenomenal growth in the construction of commercial and residential properties in India bodes well for the future of the Building Technologies industry. Changing attitude and perceptions about safety, security, comfort and energy savings and preference for state-of-the-art building technologies have increased the demand for fire, safety, security and building automation systems substantially. This growth has surpassed even the most optimistic expectations of many in the industry. Frost and Sullivan expects the market demand to grow at 30 percent per annum over the next 3 to 5 years. India has come under the focus of international market players who are keen to exploit the growth opportunities.”
The discussion topics for the summit have been finalised after considerable analysis and suggestions received from key industry participants across the globe. These include topics such as convergence and global trends in airport security technology; benefits of network video surveillance; remote and central monitoring of facilities; open building systems and many more. Panel discussions on ‘How secure are corporate facilities in India?’ and ‘Moving towards intelligent green buildings’ promise to be thought provoking and extremely insightful for delegates present.
With eminent luminaries such as Dr. Prem C Jain, Chairman, Indian Green Building Council; Kamal Meattle, Chief Executive Officer, Paharpur Business Centre and Software Technology Incubator Park; James McGuire, Senior Vice President, Transecure International, Inc.; Arun Khazanchi, President, Fire Safety Association of India; Ajay Gupta, Managing Director, G4S Security Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. and Dr. Diwan Rahul Nanda, Chairman and Managing Director, Tops Security Limited marking their presence, this summit is expected to be one of the most insightful Frost and Sullivan mind exchanges.
This one-day conference will culminate with the Building Technologies Excellence Awards 2007, another first from Frost and Sullivan.
The key partners for this event are Firepro Systems, Cisco, Infinova, Secutech Automation, Larsen and Toubro, Fire Safety Association of India and IndiaSafe. Industrial Safety, Electronics Today, Electronics Maker, Construction World and Infrastructure Today are the official media partners. (ANI)
- 'Revised defence offsets policy will encourage Indian SME sector' - May 08, 2012
- Electronics can drive inclusive growth in India: expert - Oct 28, 2010
- Taiwanese, Chinese imports a threat for UPS makers - Feb 13, 2012
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- China sees threat from foreign surveillance products - Mar 28, 2012
- Indian small and light commercial vehicles to log 18 percent growth - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE firm unveils lifestyle products in India - Feb 18, 2012
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Emerson upbeat about India - Jul 08, 2011
- Mobile number portability not much of a hit - Dec 04, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro acquires British firm Thalest - Apr 05, 2012
- BEL to flag surveillance products at defence expo - Mar 28, 2012
- Kalam calls for creating India-Asean knowledge platform - Feb 14, 2012
- Upgrade sewage system, water use for agriculture: Experts - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: building automation systems, building management systems, building technologies, electronic access control, energy management services, fire detection, frost and sullivan, growth challenges, hvac controls, India, industry manager, optimistic expectations, per annum, perimeter protection, phenomenal growth, remote monitoring services, safety security, security guarding, summit, surveillance cctv