Delhi assembly passes vote-on-accountMarch 21st, 2012 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) The Delhi state assembly Wednesday passed a vote-on-account for Rs.30,970 crore to look after the government expenses for the next two months till the regular budget is passed after the civic polls.
Out of the total amount, Rs.15,000 crore has been earmarked for Plan outlay while a total of Rs.15,811 crore has been kept as non-Plan spending and Rs.159 crore under centrally-sponsored schemes.
Presenting the budget amid anti-government slogans by BJP leaders, chief minister Sheila Dikshit said: “The Budget estimates for the total expenditure during the year 2012-13 is Rs.30,970 crore.”
“The bifurcation in terms of revenue and capital size of Budget 2012-13 is Rs.21,675.47 crore and Rs.9,135.53 crore, respectively,” the chief minister said.
The BJP leaders tried to disrupt Dikshit’s speech, protesting against the corruption and scarcity of water supply in the capital. Raising slogans, they trooped to near the speaker’s podium.
- Rs.27,067 crore Delhi budget presented - Mar 22, 2011
- Budget: Minority girl students to get free cycles - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget boost for women, child development programmes - Mar 16, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Tax on alcohol, tobacco products hiked in Meghalaya budget - Mar 19, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 28, 2012
- Delhi approves food security scheme for poor - Aug 13, 2012
- Delhi budget session starts on a stormy note - May 28, 2012
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- No new taxes in Akhilesh's maiden UP budget - Jun 01, 2012
- Andhra presents Rs.1.45 lakh crore budget - Feb 17, 2012
- Allocation for agriculture up 18 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- MEA gets more money for upkeep of missions abroad - Feb 26, 2010
- Indian Railways to borrow $3.3 bn from market in 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Oil firms ask government to compensate them - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: bifurcation, bjp leaders, budget, chief minister, civic polls, corruption, crore, delhi state, government expenses, march 21, New Delhi, plan outlay, podium, scarcity of water, sheila dikshit, slogans, state assembly, vote, water supply, year 2012