Defaulter industries owe Rs.8 bn to Madhya PradeshJune 18th, 2008 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 18 (IANS) Defaulter industries in Madhya Pradesh owed Rs.8 billion ($190.5 million) to Madhya Pradesh State Industrial Development Corp (MPSIDC), said a top official here Wednesday. The Economic Offences Wing (EOW), which is investigating the alleged irregularities in loan distribution, has recently filed complaints against three such industries in the court, MPSIDC managing director Praveen Garg told reporters.
MPSIDC has financed these industries from the money it borrowed from different banks and trusts under the inter-corporate deposit (ICD) scheme, he said.
Garg added that since many industries had defaulted in loan repayment, MPSIDC too could not return the money in time to Syndicate Bank, IDBI and several cooperative banks, and provident fund trusts.
In the Rs.8 billion which the defaulting industries owe to MPSIDC, Rs.4 billion is interest, Garg said.
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- Father, son held for duping bank of Rs.54.70 mn - Jul 27, 2010
- Bengal moves to recover WBIDC loans - Aug 07, 2012
- Businessman, family booked for duping bank - Jun 17, 2010
- Bank attaches school for loan default in Maharashtra - Jul 13, 2012
- Experts rejected study that say microcredit helped Bangladeshi families raise their incomes - Jan 28, 2011
- Spanish banks borrow a record $417 bn - Apr 14, 2012
- Congress flays Madhya Pradesh BJP leader for tax evasion - Jan 08, 2011
- US Exim Bank considering $2bn proposals from Indian corporates - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Pakistani economy very sick' - Mar 22, 2012
- IDBI opens branch in Dubai - Jun 03, 2010
- Vigilance probe against Corporation Bank - Jun 01, 2011
- Judicial remand for Pakistan ex-minister - Nov 16, 2010
- No impact of rupee slide on banks: SBI chief - May 28, 2012
- Reliance Communications gets $665 mn from Chinese bank - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: 5 million, bn, cooperative banks, economic offences, eow, idbi, industrial development corp, irregularities, loan repayment, madhya pradesh state, managing director, money, provident fund, syndicate bank, trusts