Deepika Govind’s new designs mix style, powerNovember 15th, 2011 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Inspired by Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen’s play “A Doll’s House”, designer Deepika Govind’s new collection is a combination of fearless and delicate substance for modern women.
Titled “A Doll’s House”, the collection has three distinct styles - The Warrior Doll, The Artist Doll and The Adventurer Doll.
“The collection is meant for modern women who are valiant, dauntless, notable and inimitably stylish. The collection targets those who belong to different walks of life and never hesitate to experiment with their looks and designs,” Govind told IANS.
Explaining the three styles, Govind said: “The Warrior Doll celebrates the South-Indian textile and drape tradition. The line complements a fearless and fiercely individualistic personality who are bold and passionate. The Artist Doll is a complete contrast to the Warrior - it lays emphasis on delicate detailing and is dedicated to beauty and elegance.
“The Adventurer Doll imitates a free spirited lady, as it embraces a mix of styles, colours and fabrics,” she added.
Warrior Doll consists of lehengas, saris and kurtas made with organza tissues, kinkab, jamevars, jacquard and intricately woven ikat. The colour palate ranges from gold to red.
Brocade and organic silks teamed up with vintage prints on the lehengas, saris, kurtas and blouses dominate the the Artist Doll collection, which recreates an old world charm through a colour palette of subdued pastels like green and coral.
Ankle-length panelled jackets teamed with floor-grazing skirts, richly endowed with surface detailing comprises The Adventurer Doll and one can see ikats in the hues of mauve, green, magenta, indigo and red.
The collection is available at designer’s store in Delhi and Bangalore. Price on request.
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- A collection inspired by Lord Krishna (With Image) - Jun 19, 2011
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Cocktail sari for Gaga - if only! - Oct 28, 2011
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Jaya Rathore explores heritage weaves for bridal line (With images) - Aug 18, 2011
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Manish Malhotra concludes Bridal Week in style - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: ankle length, artist doll, brocade, colour palate, colour palette, deepika, distinct styles, doll collection, govind, henrik ibsen, indian textile, kurtas, mix style, modern women, norwegian playwright, playwright henrik ibsen, saris, vintage prints, walks of life, world charm