Dedicated zones to boost electronics manufactureJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) The government will set up dedicated zones to boost manufacturing of electronics products in the country.
The union cabinet Wednesday approved a proposal to offer financial support to the development of electronics manufacturing clusters.
The clusters will aid the growth of electronics manufacturing and help development of entrepreneurial ecosystem, drive innovation and catalyze the economic growth of the region by increasing employment opportunities and tax revenues.
The assistance would be provided to a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which should be a legal entity duly registered for this purpose, according to an official statement released after the cabinet meeting here.
The SPV may be promoted by private companies, industry associations, financial institutions, research and development institutions, State or local governments or their agencies and units within the clusters.
The proposed scheme is expected to help flow of investment for the development of world-class infrastructure specifically targeted towards attracting investment in the Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing sector.
Nearly 28 million persons are expected to be employed, directly or indirectly for the Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing. The turnover of the industry is expected to reach $400 billion.
The policy covers all states and districts and provides them an opportunity to attract investments in electronics manufacturing.
- Cluster scheme to boost electronics manufacturing: CII - Jul 05, 2012
- Opportunity in developing electronics system: Pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- National Policy on Electronics aims to employ 28 mn people: Sibal - Oct 03, 2011
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- Cabinet to take up IT and electronics policy next week: Sibal - Jul 05, 2012
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- Unlike China, red tape slows Indian manufacturing: expert - Jul 17, 2011
- Bangalore to get India's first IT investment region - Jun 04, 2012
- Industry lobby to promote defence, homeland security clusters - Feb 17, 2011
- Cabinet approves special incentives for electronics sector - Jul 12, 2012
- Tamil Nadu tender to grind out small grinder makers - Jun 17, 2011
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- Sibal endorses new telecom, IT policies - Oct 20, 2011
- Highlights of manufacturing policy - Oct 30, 2011
- Electronics industry seeks funds, sops to fuel growth - Feb 01, 2010
Tags: cabinet meeting, clusters, development institutions, drive innovation, economic growth, electronics products, electronics systems, financial institutions, help development, industry associations, legal entity, local governments, manufacturing sector, New Delhi, private companies, special purpose vehicle, spv, tax revenues, union cabinet, world class infrastructure