Decline in Visas on Arrival in MayJune 7th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) There was a decline of over 6 percent in Visa on Arrival (VoA) from 11 countries in May this year compared to the same period last year, officials said Thursday.
“During May 2012, a total number of 812 VoAs were issued as compared to 865 VoAs during May 2011, registering a decline of 6.1 percent,” said data released by the tourism ministry.
However, there was an increase of 17 percent in VoAs from January to May this year compared to 2011.
“During the period January-May 2012, a total number of 5,857 VoAs were issued as compared to 5,004 VoAs during corresponding period of 2011 registering a positive growth of 17 percent,” the ministry said.
India issues VoAs to nationals of 11 countries — Japan, New Zealand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Finland, Vietnam, Cambodia, Luxemburg, Myanmar and Laos.
- Rise in Visa on Arrivals in June 2012 - Jul 11, 2012
- India posts 25 percent increase in visas on arrival - Sep 11, 2012
- More foreign travellers opting for visa on arrival - Aug 13, 2012
- India issues over 5,000 visas on arrival till May - Jun 08, 2011
- India issued 770 visas on arrival to foreigners in June - Jul 13, 2011
- Over 9,000 foreigners got Indian visa on arrival - Nov 11, 2011
- More than 800 visas on arrival issued in July - Aug 12, 2011
- Over 4,000 foreigners got Indian visa on arrival - May 10, 2011
- 34 percent jump in visas on arrival Jan-March - Apr 10, 2012
- 3151 tourist visas issued under 'Visa on Arrival' scheme - Jul 18, 2010
- 5,644 on-arrival visas issued till November - Dec 09, 2010
- Over 5,000 tourists from five countries avail visa on arrival - Nov 11, 2010
- India's tea production dips 11.4 percent Jan-May - Jul 14, 2012
- India's exports slump 14.8 percent in July - Sep 03, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
Tags: cambodia, decline, finland, india issues, indonesia, japan, laos, luxemburg, myanmar, nationals, New Delhi, new zealand, philippines, singapore, tourism ministry, vietnam, visa on arrival, visas, voa, voas